Immediate opening for an Advanced Manufacturing Engineer, Sr Applications Engineer, or Sr Production Machining Engineer to work as a Product Specialist at our US Headquarters located in SW Charlotte NC.
Position is responsible for assisting customers with the selection and application of OEM products and for assisting with manufacturing process issues involving OEM products. Position will also be responsible for participating in root cause analysis of product application issues and for assisting our regional Product Specialists with same.
1) well organized,
2) able to work independently with minimal supervision,
3) balance workload with multiple priorities,
4) take multiple paths to resolve issues, including using own technical skills up to seeking resolution with Corporate Engineering.
Successful candidate can comfortably communicate on the shop floor or in the board room.
- Promote OEM products from the “manufacturing engineer’s perspective”
- Assist customers to identify and define best manufacturing practices in the application of OEM products
- Take leading roll with OEM Service Department in resolution of product failures
- Document, Report, and Resolve customer complaints concerning product quality and/or challenging applications using OEM products
- Provide technical support and assistance to OEM Technical Sales Staff, End Users, and Distributors
- Assist customer base including Machine Tool OEM application and sales engineers with product application
- Provide standard pricing quotes and calculate local pricing offers based on Factory quotes
- Perform other duties as assigned
BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Technology.
- 10+ years’ experience in a CNC metal cutting environment
- Extensive experience in cutting tool and manufacturing process development
- Extensive knowledge of popular Machine OEMs and Machine Capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively prepare and deliver technical reports and presentations- Proficient in MS office software
- Strong hands-on problem solving skills using root cause analysis
- Self-motivated, organized, team oriented, and creative
- CNC Lathe and Swiss Type experience preferred- Product launch, project management, and process development experience is a plus
We are looking forward to your application.
13900 S Lakes Dr Ste F
Charlotte NC 28273-7119
Phone (704) 714-7765